Friday, January 13, 2017

Mabel Elmblade: Sept. 17, 1928 La Grange, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine involved a little much snow, cold temps and dealing with the end of a kind of sinus pressure. But I survived. So if you survived, pat yourself on the back.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange, Sept. 15 1928
Dear Howard,
I got your most welcome
letter. thought you had
forgotten me. But now
I see you haven't. We
have nice weather.
I sure am glad. I have
a nice boy friend like
you. of course we will
have to see each other
Before we can say
anything. I feel rather
sad tonight. I was thinking
about my dear sister-
that died and god-
and I started to cry.If
you were only near me
to cheer me up. as I
get blue often. well:
when time comes I feel
we will meet. you
asked if I see Alice and
I do once in a while
she says you a real
nice fellow. you sure
sound like a christian
Well dearest Be your
picture I imagine could

             2
love you. you have a
sincere look. if if gods
will I will see you
soon or in the future
But hope to hear from
you right along now
dearest loving Howard
I will close hoping
to hear from you
          real soon
           Your Loving
            Sweetheart
               Mabel
          Write soon
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
         a lot of
        intimate Kisses
           from
           Mabel
But might be real
some times.

To me she sounds like she is still morning her sister. This might have been what Grandpa didn't want to deal with at that time.
I hope she able to find the right guy for her and live a long happy life.

Here is the next viewer card from the "Wedding" set:

(2) Dressing the Bride.

If you are able to look more closely at the wall paper or maybe they are pictures.

Here is a picture for the scrap book:

Now We sing: Snow-ful Off to Buffalo

For the second time in a week Buffalo, N.Y., was crippled by a heavy snowfall over the week-end
as this picture indicates. Last Tuesday 19 1/2  inches fell and on Saturday almost 10 more inches
blanketed the city.

I just thought you enjoy seeing a snow fall from the past.

And here is a random picture for you to look at:

Not sure who they are. I do have a number of picture showing this tractor and guys. No idea what year this was.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good weekend.
This Sunday I will learn if we will have a grandson or a granddaughter. She is due in June. Our youngest daughter is expecting.
I hope you will come back again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment