Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Helen Balusik: Oct. 30, 1928 Phillips, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Hello all. I had a good weekend. No drama for me. It is starting to feel like a usual winter. It's colder and snowy.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Helen:





As always,for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                 Phillips, Wis.
                 Oct. 29-28
Dear Howard:-
   Yours came a few
days ago so will now
proceed to answer it.
One grand day out but
the wind is so cold.
Won't be long and winter
will be here eh, Howard?
Well, I wasn't surprised
at you for not coming
that Sunday when you
wrote you would. One
thing it was so cold
and rainy- Howard
have been useless coming
on a day like that.

           2
besides you having a
cold- I had one now
for about two weeks
just got over with it.
So, you are busy going
to socials? I don't
blame you because I
love to go myself. I
was to one last Friday
right up at Hacket. Sure
had a good time there
but didn't have a basket
for fear no one would
buy it - (Ha Ha)
Then I was to a wedding
last week Tuesday.But
that was punk. Some
fellows played but no

         3
one danced. Not even
the bride and groom.
It sure was a dull
wedding. First one I
ever went to that wasn't
any good.
  Just think its Halloween
this week- Are you going
out to do some mis-
chief? I know I'll be
up to something if I
go out with the rest of
the gang.
Its terrible
what the kids don't do
in the city- Sometimes
they go pretty far with
it.
Well Howard, it would

          4
be all right to come down
some Sunday afternoon
but the only reason is
I am at Sunday School
from two o'clock till
almost four and that
way you wouldn't find
me home, see? Oh well,
maybe some time we
can arrange some
way to meet - eh? its
pretty hard when its so
fay away.
Well now, I'll have
to get busy & cook
Supper - Pa wants a
pie so that means
I have to stop

           5
scribbling-
Will leave you now
till I hear from you
again.
   Your friend
    as always
      Helen

Here is a joke she included:


Being inside the letter all these years the paper is not even faded. It looks very new.

It sounds like weather was starting to get colder.
I wonder if they had been able to meet up in person yet or not.
I wonder if Grandpa went out for Halloween that year and cause a little trouble. Or I should say have a little fun.


Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:


Congratulations in 6 different languages.

Here is a story from the scrap book:

I wonder if that record still holds today? Did she survive and if so how long did she live?
I just looked up smallest baby and found that on Sept. 19, 2004 at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill. She weighed 9.2 ounces. Now that's small.


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

This might be one of my uncles and aunt. But I could be wrong.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment