Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Genevieve Ruby Smith: July 28, 1929 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I want to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone had a weekend. Mine was good. We even hiked yesterday. A little buggy but not to bad because I had had my triple protection.
Anyway, I finally have a last name for Genevieve, so now you know. Here is the next letter from her:







As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says, ( I'm guessing in some places):

                    Caralina
                     maan s.
Dear Sweetheart,
Just happened to
think I still owe
you a letter so will
try my best to
call this an answer!
Gosh kid, you
can't blame me when
I can't come up when
I promise to as Ray
always drives and
he goes just when he
feels like it --!

        2
As much as I know
about it we will be
up either Monday
or Tuesday evening
(depends if it rains or
not.
We were up to Berts
with him untill 1.15
a.m. Friday went up
around 7 then went
to Medford, and up to
Ogema ect so on ha! ha!
What did you do Saturday
eve! I was a real good
girl and stayed right
at home.- altho
several wanted me

        3
to go to a dance.
I sure could warm
you up if your realy
cold- every body
says I'm awfull warm
hot blooded Irish
man huh--.
Bert was down to
Westboro the other
day. I saw him down
town ain't that fine.
Do you know Clarence
Nicola, he is a good
friend of mine Bert
knows him real well
also John Linpeck he

      4
leaves for Mich. this
Wednesday realy Howard
don't you feel for me
he ain't coming back
untill Christmas
think of it!
So you were lonesome
for me. I feel for you
but can't reach you
honest kid. I don't
see any thing on me
for a guy to get lone
some for, Do You!
Lots of the guys
say so tho.- Last
nite some guys

       5
I never seen B/4 asked
me to go for a ride
but I'se got pertly
cold feet ha! ha!
Have you ever seen
Mildred ? lately!
I haven't for a dog's
age.
haven't any more
time must mail this
now as its train
time.
For lands sakes
Howard why

    2
don't you write
a real long long
letter for a change.
I have burnt up
both of your letters.
Please answer very
soon.
With bushels of
love and kisses
    Your Pie faced
          Pal
       "Genevieve"
Drink your teas
"            " Coffee
But don't forget to
write to me  honey

When you and I my
     love shall part,
Can sorrow break
    thy loving heart
I some distant lands
          may roam
Sleep, Dreams, and
think of me alone!
All of this I wish
           to say
Night hids me go I can
               not stay
With sorrow great upon
              my mind
You can in this
        a question find!
       Can you find it!

 I like the little artwork she did on the first page.  She sounds like she was a character.
I also like the poem at the end. I wonder if she wrote it or just repeated one she liked.
I do wonder how often they did get together and hang out.
I could not make out Mildred's last name. Maybe you can.
I did leave some of the misspelled words alone, i hope you don't mind.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:


Praise for the seemingly tireless crew came from the five passengers, including M.I. Mc-
Carty, Ludington, Mich., left, and Ted Beranek, La Crosse, Wis. officers remained on duty
without sleep through watch after watch, true to the traditions of the sea to stand by their vessel
while danger prevailed. And the radio operator was always at his key.

This ship and the issue must have been a real interesting thing to who ever was collecting all these stories.

Here is a page from the joke book:

I wonder if this where fake news started? Enjoy.

I decided to share a picture I've shown you before because it is the 4th of July and it is a patriotic kind of picture:


Happy 4th Of July to all!

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
Enjoy the holiday and don't forget to come back real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment