Friday, August 11, 2017

Genevieve Smith: Monday, Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the end of another week. It was just an average kind of week for me. For my husband, not so good. He's working very long hours right now. Working a double shift three days this week and two more next week. He is not in a very good mood. The weather has been a kind of hit and miss thing some days.
Oh well, here is another letter from Genevieve. I think it should have been shown earlier because she mentioned Walter:




  As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Westboro, Wis
                  Monday
Dear Howard:
Your very welcome
letter received this
morning, sure was
pleased to hear from you.
About Tuesday Nite
I can't say any thing
for sure as Ray is com-
ing to nite and they
want to go to Mansons
at Ogema, I don't know
whether they will stop
at Bert's when they
come down. Will
let you know just
when and where etc

I can go if you go
any place Tuesday eve
Better be at Bert's as
that's always the place
we meet at. I saw
you and Walt last
nite, we were just
going to church now
ain't I realy good to
go to church on Sunday
nite_____ha! ha!
Honest to God
Howard you should
have been along with
my brother and I
Sunday, we went up
on 86 East of Ogema
Singing to beat Hell
got half way to

         2
to Spirit Falls and
then the blame thing
ran out of gas, and
we had to walk at
least 7 miles and
Damn it was no fun
either, then we didn't
have any oil but
managed to drive to
Ogema if after we
had bought gas.
Thanks for the
news sure was
good____
You be up at
Bert's to nite (Monday)
it it don't rain) or else
Tuesday at about 7;30

then wait for us
there. If Ray and Mrs.
are along you tell
them you want to
go with me or else
Ray will make Mrs. B
go with you, and I
with him, Don't tell
him I told you so
tho,
Haven't any more
time this morning so
must close, Be good to
yourself.
Excuse my blots and
blunders for when it
rains it often thunders.
                  Love
ans          Genevieve
soon

Like I said before I think this letter is out of order, sorry.
I wonder what they were singing when they ran out of gas.
Would you walk 7 miles if you ran out of gas?
They must have hung out a lot at Bert's. It must have been the hot spot for them at that time.
I wonder if Ray and Mrs. B were involved or just friends. I guess it's another bit of history that is gone forever.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Mrs. Sally Mowry, above, a resident of Kenosha 32 years,
traces her ancestry directly to Warner Washington, a first
cousin of President George Washington.

I wonder where her family is today and do they still claim the same.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



Enjoy. They will give you something to smile about today.

And here is a random picture:

No idea who they are or when it was taken.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment