Friday, August 25, 2017

Mamie: Nov. 4, 1929 Brantwood, Wis.

Dear friends,
How was the rest of your week? Mine was good. No drama for me.The weather is a little on the cooler side which I enjoy. It is looking like it might be a rainy kind of weekend. I may not be going hiking. It's going to be a busy weekend with other things.That is if it doesn't rain. I will be spending time with my Granddaughter. Anyway, here is a letter from Mamie. The page was to large to fit in the scanner so I had to fold it in half making it look like four pages rather then two:




 As always, for those that find it hard to read, I will do my best to type it up:

                               Brantwood, Wis.
                                Nov. 4, 1929
Dear Howard
   How did the party turn out?
I thought sure I'd have to walk
back for awhile. Did you notice
when I left? Or maybe you would
have taken pity on me at last you
should forget would have been
your fault Ha Ha But just the same it
seemed nice to see you again.
for it's been quite a while. When did
the party break up? When I taught
there we stayed until after five in the
morning that is. a few of us did.
We sure made "Whoopee" that
night. The same bunch wasn't
there as when I taught twas
a swell bunch we had. You said
I should let you know when I come
home i think I shall go home this
week end as I don't expect to be so
very busy. I forgot my gloves home
last time so I must cold for them
and a few other things I want to
get. Pearl coaxed and coaxed me
last weekend but I had too much
school work and other odd jobs to do.
I'll come either Friday evening
or Saturday morning. So come
over Saturday night, Hey? I'm ready
for another good and Hot date
with you. Hot diggity!

Too bad it there is any snow I'm
afraid it will melt Ha. Ha. I hope
the weather stays nice for some
time yet. Gee, it's been cold enough
already though I nearly froze. I should
have had you here to keep me warm
or how about it? Could you keep
me warm or would you get me
hot? The latter no doubt. Don't take
me evilly whatever you do. Do you
know the story about the man
who was naughty "twice"? it's
pretty good. A week ago Saturday
night we were to a party at East Hackett.
We had a swell time. All the old bunch
of Emery was there. Gee, I sure enjoyed
myself. Oh- I enjoyed myself all right
with you at Morner but otherwise
I didn't care much for it. My
by-gone sweetie wasn't even there.
Maybe I'll have a chance to enter-
tain you by the fireside some cold
winter evening if you work at Knox
this winter as you said you might.
It would be nice to have someone
around whom I know. Don't wear
out those records you said you
got last summer. I want to listen
to them too before they are worn out.
When are you going to broadcast?
Write to me if you aren't too busy
fishing? Why the question mark after fishing?
                                 Please answer
ask Jake he knows as B/4 Mamie
                                Knox Mills School
                                Knox Mills, Wis.
R.S.V.P.        W.A.S.P.S.

(written along the side)
You won't show this letter to anyone will you? My letter sounds bad, but I'm not.

I wonder what kind of party she was talking about?
It sound like she was a teacher. I'm not impressed with her handwriting. How about you?
So of the things she was implying, they sound a bit on the naughty side. I wonder if they "snuggled" in front of a fire. This I'll never know and more then likely don't want to know.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

The question before the house is, How did this foot long salt
water trout get in this five gallon jug, with its three-quarters
inch neck? Experts who saw it pulled from the water at Sarasota,
Fla., think the fish swam in as a fingerling, had food in abun-
dance washed into his home and then just grew.

I hope they were able to get it out of the jug.

Here are three pages from "Bedtime Laughs":



More jokes about Love, Love, Love. Enjoy.

Here is a random picture:

Written on the back: Aunt Frances, Gotfred Weberg, Uncle Fred, Ma & Uncle Herbert.

Ma is Grandma. No idea what year this was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you.
I hope your weekend is a good one.
Don't forget to come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment