Friday, August 4, 2017

Genevieve Smith: Sept. 24, 1929 Westboro, Wis.

Dear friends,
Well it's the end of another week. For me the week has been uneventful. The weather has been hot and cool with rain. It almost feels like fall is trying to make it's self felt already. I'm just hoping that we will be able to go hiking this weekend. But it looks like there is high chance of rain.
Oh well, here is the next letter from Genevieve:



 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                 Westboro, Wis.
                  Sept. 23, 1929
Dear friend.
Since coming home
from Prentice, I have
always been going
to write but for
some reason or other
didn't have time But
will do so today.
What have you
been doing all these
years?
Can you go up to
the dance at Kabashis
this Sat eve, we are
going and if your there
we will see you.
Had a most
wonderfull time
out at Staulbers

         2
last Saturday and
pertty good as Kab
ashes the Sat b/4
but nothing like
at Staulbers. Have
you been up to
Berts lately? We
were up there Sat
eve b/4 we went
to the dance.
Can you get me
some more news
up your way and
send it down?
Don't know how
long I'll be home
yet, but I think
for a week or two
any way-

        3
Boy oh Boy ain't
it warm today
tho?
Haven't any more
news or time today
so will close.
 Please send some
news when you
have some___
Thanks____
           as B/4
          Your friend
        Genevieve Smith

I wonder if they got together at any of those places. I don't think Grandpa did any dancing tho. He was not the dancing kind.
I wonder what she was doing in Prentice and how long she stayed there.
It kind of sounds like she was bored. I wonder what kind of news she was looking for.
I wonder how warm it was that day?

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

If it isn't snow, it's water. Here's the latest problem for Milwau-
kee county. This picture shows a car splashing along on the
Blue Mound road near the county institutions.__ Journal Photo.

Mother Nature was out of control even back then.

Here are a couple of pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":


 Enjoy. They will make you smile.

Finally, here is a random picture:

This picture, I think, was taken the same time as the last one I showed you. I do not anyone in the picture. I wonder if Grandma took it.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment