Tuesday, August 8, 2017

La Grange Ill.: Sept. 10, 1929

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. We visited with out Granddaughter on Saturday. It is always a good day when you can spend it with your grand babies. On Sunday the husband and I hiked 15.8 miles. Longer then we intended to do. On the way back to the truck it started raining. There was a little hail at first then it poured. Luckily we had rain ponchos with us but we still got wet. I know the next hike will not be that long. We learn our lesson.
Anyway, here is what was in the next envelope. I think it might have been from Mabel Elmblade.




I'm not going to type this up.
I wonder it this pamphlet is still used today. Reading it, it could apply to views of today.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

 A water main broke late Tuesday at N. Thirty-eighth st. and W. Auer av. and a pre-season flood
came early to the district. The street was flooded and a member of the crew summoned to dig
trenches to drain the water is shown above, midst the snowbanks and one of the rivulets.

I wonder how long it took to fix the water main back then.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



Enjoy.

Here is a random picture:

Not sure who this Pat is but she wished a loads of luck.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment