Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Christmas Cards: Dec. 20 & 21, 1929 Saint Paul, Minn.

Dear Friends,
I hope you were able to stay dry this last weekend. It was wet here. Not as wet as Texas. I can't hardly imagine experiencing that kind of disaster. My heart goes out to all who are having to deal with it.
I was not able to go hiking because of the rain. I'm hoping this next week we will be able to get the hiking done for the year, before the different hunting seasons start.
Anyway, here are a couple of Christmas cards:

 With Hearty Good wishes for
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

(On the back)
From Alfred & Selma
and Lois Marie

It was addressed to both Howard & Thomas Johnson.

Sincerely wishing you
a very happy Christmas followed by
other days just as happy

From Emma Roseen

This one was addressed only to Thomas.

I like these old style Christmas cards. Just very simple.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Dr. L. Gillmor Long (inset) climbed 50 feet up a ladder, hung by his right hand as he worked
left handed, and amputated the arm of John McCoy, who was trapped in the cab of his crane
(shown here) at the Lowell Gas & Light Co in Lowell, Mass. McCoy had been pinned to a steel
girder (indicated by arrow) when the cab broke loose. He is in serious condition, but was given
an even chance Thursday to recover from the ordeal, which occurred in zero weather.

Someone wrote on the side: "Died one week later".

I wonder if a doctor today would do this same thing to save someone in this same position.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



I scanned two pages at once because some of the jokes are continued on another page.
Enjoy.

Here is a random picture:

This is the way they use to do the hay. I think, maybe, Grandpa might be on the tractor that is working the baler. Not sure who is driving the first one.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a great week.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment