Friday, August 18, 2017

Genevieve Smith: Oct. 4, 1929 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the end of another week. How was your week? Mine was the same old same. Nothing to really say about my life, now in other places that's another story. These things with each day are now apart of history. Will they be remembered the way the happened or will they be twisted into something else?
Anyway, here is the next letter from Genevieve:





As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Westboro, Wis.
                  Oct ? 1929
Dearest Howard & Tomas
Well! Well! Hows
the boys today! Hope
fine. Sure was
very sorry I was
unable to answer
your dear letter any
sooner but you
know I've been dread-
fully busy. Have
had so much to
do even had to
pick up all the
potatoes. Saw you
or Tom knoging &
plowing which one
of you were! My
but its been cold
hasin't it? I at

      2
least think so
I'm leaving for
Lugerville tomorrow
(Saturday) so thought
I'd better write first
you write me nice
newsy letters at
Lugerville won't you
as it will surely
be awfull lonesome
for me there, as
I'm not used to
being out in the woods
like I'll have to be
there. Don't expect to
stay much more
then a month or so
Was to the "Talking
Show" here Wednesday
eve. Did you boys

         3
come down, didn't
see you's.
Yes I'm feeling fine
now Oh about Olive
D.- well, she was
sick - & __, well you'll
have to finish the
rest your self ha! ha!
Nope, Pete hasn't
any car yet, but
he is going to save
his money all
winter & buy a new
"Chevrolet Coupe" Next
Spring (Room for
two only) He was
over here the other
Nite, claimed he
had a date, but
I'm afraid he is

       4
Mixed up on he's
"Dates', Damn fool
I have his cap
yet from Saturday
eve. You know he
was up to Kubis
& got so damn drunk
I had to take care
of his cap. Boys
that makes me
mad when a guy
get's drunk, a curse
if its me, its
much different ha!
ha!
  When did you get
the "Radio," How do
you like it! Ever
get the barn dance
on from W.L.S. D.
Where are you going

     5
Saturday evening
Hope I get to go to a
dance some where
as I'm so used to
going, will die if I
don't get to any ha! ha!
Please write to me
at Lugerville here
after. Tell Tom Hello
& also to write some
time. Its late so
Must close.-
       Yours untill the
       ocean drys up
             as B/4
           "Genevieve"
address
Miss Genevieve Smith
% Mrs Dan Franklin
Lugerville    Camp
          Wisc.

Well it looks like the last letter should have been after this one. As you can tell I have not read the letters before I organized them. sorry.
I wonder if her brother was able to get the car he wanted to get when he wanted to get it.
Lugerville is an unincorporated little town that is located on county road F about 8 miles northwest of Phillips.
I wonder how she ended up going there for a month.
I wonder what Grandpa listened to the most on the radio at that time.

Here is a picture form the scrap book:

 I wonder how long this story was in the news.
What did happen to this little boy?

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



The one at the top of page 24 is the rest of a joke that I showed last time. Enjoy.


I got almost all the picture in one container now. So, right now I'm just picking one out randomly. This is what was chosen:

Not sure right now if I've already shown you one like this one before or not. No idea when it was taken or who is in it.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment