Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cousin Walter, Jan. 28, 1930 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you all had a good weekend. It was very hot around here. Way hotter then I like for this time of year. It is the beginning of Fall, I wonder how long it will take to really feel like it should.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Cousin Walter:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                    1/28/30
Dear Howard:-
            I received your
letter some time ago and have
been rather busy so didn't
have time to answer before.
             We have had a
real winter this year. Lots
of cold weather and snow,
but it is warming up a
bit now.
     How are you and
the girlfriend getting along?
I had a card from her for
New Years but never answered.
Says she is coming down soon.
well, well she better be careful
down here or she'll get mad.
How did you make out? Did

you ever use that rubber on her?
   Saw your old friend
Edna Swanson a couple of
months ago. She was up to
my sister's place.
    I am going around
pretty steady with a nice Swedish
girl. Met her in Oct. She is
the first Swede I ever went with
and she's pretty nice.
        Have some work to
do so I'd better get busy.
Let me hear from you once in
a while.
                        W. W.
                 3849 Janssen Ave
I hear Gen. Smith is pretty sweet on
Thomas. Don't say I said so.

Well this was a very interesting letter.
I wonder who Grandpa's girlfriend was at the time. It doesn't sound like it was Genevieve because she had a thing for Thomas. His girlfriend might have been someone that did not write letters or he didn't save any of them. I guess I'll never now.
I wonder how long  Walter was with this Swedish girl. Maybe he married her. I'll have to look in the book and tell you at a later date who he married.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Toot! Toot! All aboard! here goes the first trip of the quinmobile, the strange homemade device contrived by a California admirer and sent to the Dionne babies. Annette, at the wheel, looks fully capable as pilot, while Marie, Yvonne, Cecile and Emilie (left to right) are all braced for a fast ride.

I wonder how that thing worked. it looks kind of weird for a little girl to operate.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



A few laughs about animals. Enjoy.

Finally, a random picture:

No idea who this is or who the guy is that is photo bombing. or even what year.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a good week.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment