Friday, September 22, 2017

Eluira La Lime: Jan. 14, 1930 Minneapolis, Minn.

Dear Friends,
Well, another week done. The weekend is here. For me, it will once again be a short one. I have to work on Saturday. Oh well, a little extra money for this time of the year.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Eluira:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

            Minneapolis Minn.
           Jan 13, 1930
Friend Howard,
  Suppose you think I have
forgotten you but here's proving to you
I haven't. have tho't of you
a number of times but things
haven't gone so good so haven't
wrote to anybody. Things are
breaking my way at last so can
be happy again. Am working
at the same place, yet.
What are you doing now for
excitement- last Sat. was the
first time I was out a good time
for months. We was to a Road house
and talk about a hot time.

I really enjoyed myself.
Who are you stepping around
with now? Anybody I know?
does Hattie Lundstrom live there
anymore. I believe that was
her last name. She had a brother
by the name of Clarence.
they lived close to Bert Johnson's
home.
Both my brothers are coming
for dinner tonight and my
sister so I must get busy-
suppose you know my sister was
living with me.
hope I get an answer to this
and will write a longer
letter next time
      I remain friend
            Eluire La Lime

p.s.
How are the roads over there? S'pose this
would be a poor time for a trip, much as
I'd love to.

I know I keep spelling her last name differently. I think it is Lime but I've left it Lince for the labels.
I think it has been awhile since there was a letter from her.
I suppose with the bad things that happened at the end of 1929 things were hard for a number of people in different ways.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

All animation and spirit and joy, Marie thrusts a thumb into
her mouth as though to say, "look at my fine new theeth!"
well she may be proud, for she has six uppers ans six lowers.
Always the tiniest of the Dionne quintuplets, Marie certainly looks
in fine fettle here, doesn't she?

I do wonder how many different pictures there wast taken of these girls.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



A few more drinks for you. Enjoy.

Now a random picture:

Now this is as random as you can get. No idea why someone took this picture. But I'm certain it was taken during someones class trip.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment