Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Genevieve Smith: Jan. 10, 1930 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Hello. I hope this letter finds you all well. I'm, so so. Over the weekend we had to put our dog, Fawn, down. She had been not doing well for awhile and it finally got to the point it was time for her to go. She will be greatly missed.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Genevieve:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                       Westboro, Wisc.
                        Jan 10, 1930
Dear Howard,
Thank you ever so much
for the fine News. You
are sending May you continue
doing so.
Oh yes Bundicks are moving
up town as they have a
mogage on the old farm for
475.00 and can't pay, they
haven't any more car as
they burnt theirs up running
with out water. So they have
to stay at home for a while
any way.- So Bert closed his
Station thats too bad. where
will the gang stop now? well
I don't go very much any more

                   2
its no fun any more
My sister is here from
Chicago now. So you'll have
to excuse my writing and
short letter as I'm in a
hurry as she is ready to
go up town with me already
She hasn't been home for six
years. She says she was a
recent Beauty contest at Chicago
isn't that Swell tho, I haven't
heard from Walter since I came
back from Lugerville. Have
several other places to work
but don't know when I'll go
yet. Must close. Please answer
soon. Send some more news.
                       Hub Love
                           as B/4
                        Genevieve "Pete"

The beginning of 1930 did not sound like a good time for some people.
I wonder if the Bundicks lost their farm and how long it took them to get a car that worked. And did they pay more attention to the maintenance of it after that.
I wonder if they found a different place to hang out at.
How long was her sister around and did she eventually go back to Chicago?
So many unanswered questions.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

 The chief actors in "The Country Doctor," the movie story which started in The Journal Green
Sheet Tuesday, are of course, the quintuplets, Jean Hersholt as Dr. Dafoe and Dorothy Peterson
as the nurse. All seven are shown here, with the two adults apparently having their hands full. The
movie itself is scheduled to be shown here starting Mar. 6- World Copyright, 1936 NEA Service, inc.

Just another picture involving the Dionne Quintuplets.
I guess now you will just have to find the movie and watch it.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" :



Enjoy! And bottoms up!

Here is a picture of Fawn:

Gone, but will never be forgotten. Will live forever in my heart.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment