Friday, September 15, 2017

Genevieve Smith: Jan 2, 1930 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well that was a very warm week we just had here. And one with no rain, for a change. It sounds like this weekend will be a half and half kind . Some sun and some rain.
Anyway, here is the first letter from 1930 from Genevieve:


 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

               Westboro, Wis
              Jan. 2, 1930
Dear Howard,
Your ever so welcome
letter rec'i surely was
glad to hear from you.
Thanks very much
for the news. glad to
get it.
Did you & Tom enjoy
your new Year. Hope so.
Have the radio on
now and surely is hard
for me to write and keep
time to. ha! ha.
Bill Kabielush has
just repaired our radio. It
hasn't been working the
past three or four months
but now she augerates on
all 6. have some new
phonograph records and

            2
they are the cats
eyebrow. And I don't
mean may be either
this weather gives me
a head ache in my big toes
You must have had
some party at your
place. Where on earth
did they all stay?
  Here I lie all pan
the bed. Throat so dry
and badly sore. the
morning after the
night before.- Never
felt so bad before even
My darn old tongue is
even sore. haven't any
more time for today's we'll
close wishing you both a
happy healthy wealthy and
prosperous New Year.
Send some more items next
week. please with Love as B/4
              "Genevieve"

Well it's the beginning of a new year. So far so good.
I wonder what kind of party Grandpa had and how many people were there for it.
I wonder what kind of records she listened to.
What was playing on the radio at that time?
I wonder how long she suffered with a sore throat.
So much to wonder about and never get any real answers.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Another story about the Dionne Quintuplets. 1936

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



Enjoy a drink while you read these.

And here is a random picture:

A winter scene of the home place.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment