Friday, September 8, 2017

Helen: Dec. 27, 1929 Evanston Ill.

Dear Friends,
The first full week in September is about done. How was you week? Mine, I was on vacation. I just wish it could have been warmer. I'm just glad that we are not having the weather they are having down south. Oh well,what you going to do.
Anyway, here is a letter from Helen who lives in Evanston  Ill.:




As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

          Evanston, Ill.
          Dec 26/29
Dear Howard:-
     Happy New Year
to you!
Was surprised to see
a note enclosed with
the nice card- surely
thank you- you know
I never do forget my
friends after I once
meet them so I send
everybody a greeting.
Hope you have had
a fine Xmas & all
the happiness in the
world.

I sure had a good time at
my married sister's place.
I went there Xmas eve
& came back last nite
almost mid night.
Xmas morning Anna &
Frank Novy came there
too so we all had a good
old fashioned chicken
dinner- and we listened
to the radio most of the
afternoon. Heard music
from Germany & even
England. It sure is great
isn't it- how music can
be heard such a distance.
No Howard, I never think
of that (bunk) what that
certain party told me about.
Don't ever think of it or
let it worry you for people
always like to talk it they
find something to talk about
especially such things.
This is my second job
since I came back this
if all I can't seem to find
anything suitable & jobs
are quite scarce. But I
think now after the holiday
it will change-

Anna N. & I room together &
if we don't have good times
together- I sure do enjoy her
company.
Well Howard- hope you
have success & happiness
throughout this coming
New Year. I do hate to part
from the old year, don't
you? We never know what
the New Year has in store
for each one of us.
      May God bless you
      always.
          Old friend
           as always
              Helen

There was actually only three pages but it was to big for the scanner so I did it in two.
I wonder what kind of scandal was going on the Grandpa was so concerned about it. Will anyone ever mention what it was?
I wonder what kind of music she was listening to that was from Germany and England?

Here is a page from the scrap book.:



This was one page but it was too big for the scanner.
Like I told you before, someone was very interested in these little girls. So there are a number of pictures of them yet to come.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



Enjoy the signs and the start of "Just Married jokes".


And now a random picture:

This happened in 1958. Right now I don't know who was involved or why it happened. But I'm sure someone will tell me.

Well that's about all I have to say today.
I hope you all have a good weekend and people in Florida, stay safe.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment