Friday, January 19, 2018

Estella Oros: Sept. 22, 1932 Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
Well the end of the week. How was yours? Mine was on the quiet side. But there was excitement the other night. There was a report of someone with a gun. According to the news there was a five hour stand off with a guy who fired about five shoots in a house. After talking to him they were able to get him to give himself up with no one getting hurt. No idea what lead up to this but I'm sure over time more details will come out.
Anyway here is a letter from Estella Oros:


 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                      1135 Harrison Blvd.
                       Gary Indiana
Dear Howard
   I received your letter and was
glad to hear from you. How is things
out there? Things are bad out here
I sure do wish that I was out there
now. My cousin Ann couldn't get
a car so we are out of luck. Howard
why don't you get a car and come
out hear for us. I have a girlfriend
that would like to go out there
to her name is Irene Anton.
She is a very nice girl I know
the people out there would like
her company. Do you ever see my
Aunt Mary Oros? send her my
best regards. Send me some of your
boy friends address some nice looking
ones please I have some nice girl
friends that will write to them.
If you don't mind. Gee I am just thinking
if I was only there now, I sure would
enjoy myself. In case your business

pick up don't forget to hire me
for you maid. Ha Ha. This is all
I can write now. When we get
better acquainted (I will write more) well I guess
I will sign off because my pie's
are burning. Ha Ha don't you wish
you had some.
                     Your friend
                      Estella Oros
1135 Harrison Blvd
Gary Indiana

I'm not sure how many letters there will be from Estella.
I'm not sure if she was interested in Grandpa or if she was just trying to help girlfriends out who were looking for the one and only.
I hope she was able to save her pie's before that burned to much.

Here is a picture from the scrap book. 1936:

Two coast guardsmen are shown Sunday as they seized a man
allegedly looting a flooded store in Springfield, Mas. Coast
and national guardsmen are on duty throughout the stricken east
to prevent disorders.- A.P. Wirephoto.

I wonder what kind of things he was trying to loot.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:



Out of the mouths of babes. Enjoy.

Finally here is a random picture:

Manhattan Island taken from a ferry on the way to the Statue Of Liberty. No idea what year this was taken or who's class trip it was.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
Have a good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment