Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Gertrude Frank: Feb. 29, 1932 Humbird Wis.

Dear Friends,
I'm not sure where you are, but here in Wisconsin we got more snow then I like to see. I just hope it does not stay around very long.
Anyway, here is a letter from Gertrude. It got missed placed. The post mark once again was missing, thanks I'm sure to Uncle Peter.And I must have looked at the date wrong when I tried to put the letters in order according to date.


As always, for those of you that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                      Humbird Wis.
                     Feb. 29, 1932
My Dear friend
Must drop you a few lines and
tell you I received your most
welcome letter this afternoon
and was very glad to hear from
you. I live on a farm with
my father and sister and brothers
I am very happy here I have
boy friends here but suit me and
something told me you were a
nice fellow so sat write down
and wrote you a letter I like
a man about your age.
My mother died when I was
12 years old and I had to keep
house for my Dad which I'm
not sorry I did.

I can play almost any kind
of music and love it very
much. I am and honest and
proud young lady. good and
kind hearted have lots of
friends and liked where was
I got I go to church every
Sunday which is the same
kind you belong to. Am a neat
and clean young lady like
to see every thing neat and
clean won't you please send
me your picture I will send
you a nice one as soon as I
get one would like to hear
from you write away
Your friend
Gertrude Frank

This should have been the first letter from her.
This was just the basic introduction someone would write for the first time.
I wonder what happened to her mother that she died when Gertrude was only 12.
I wonder if she was the oldest girl in the family that it was her responsibility to keep house for her Dad.
She was a very clean girl.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:1936

 Traffic on the Electric Co.'s right of way at N. Eighth and W. Clybourn sts. was halted several
hours Monday night after the driver of a big truck, Edward B. Steinke of Hatley, Wis. missed a
turn and wandered off Clybourn st. on to the ties. Steinke was fined $100 Tuesday in the district
court on a drunken driving charge.- Journal Staff Photo.

I wonder who underlined the name of the guy and where he was from.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:



More jokes about kids. Enjoy.

Finally a random picture:

Kind of looks like it does right now . Not sure what year this was taken.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment